Renting Our Facility
Our facility is available for rental. Please contact our Administrator for more information about our rates, availability,
Rentals are not available during Shabbat (Friday evening until Saturday evening) or on major Jewish Religious Holidays. All users are expected
to be respectful of Jewish religious objects and practice.
Please note that our kitchen is dairy only and all groups must abide by our food guidelines.
Please note, our kitchen is not included in rentals, but can be, if our food guidelines are followed as set out by our Ritual committee. See
food under jewish life.
Rental Booking Fees & Information
Rates cover full day: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm or evening: 5:00 pm – 1:00 am. ½ day rates are available from 9:00am – 12:00 noon and 1:00pm – 4:00 pm at ½ the above rental charge. Prices include the use of the kitchen but do not include paper products, napkins, coffee/tea, snacks, or condiments. Linen tablecloths can be rented at a cost of $10 each.
- Non-members: the fee is $450 + $150 cleaning fee.
- A 50% deposit is required upon booking, with completion of payment seven (7) days prior to the event. Our kitchen is strictly vegetarian and all groups must abide by the food guidelines as set out by Burquest’s Ritual Committee. No rental is available
during Shabbat (Friday evenings from 5:00 pm to Saturday at 5:00 pm). All users are expected to be respectful of Jewish religious
objects and practice.
Rental Terms & Conditions
We understand the request for rental of facilities is subject to the following:
- For all rentals, a 50% deposit and must be received at the time of application. Full payment, including the damage deposit, must
be made seven (7) days prior to the event.
- Cancellation notice must be received no later than seven (7) days prior to the event to receive a refund of the deposit.
- No liquor is to be served without the appropriate license(s) (which must be displayed during the event) and prior knowledge of BJCA.
- Religious articles located in the sanctuary are extremely valuable and are not to be handled or moved.
- No public advertising shall give the impression that BJCA sponsors the activity.
- A parking attendant may be required for large events. This is at the discretion of BJCA and at the renter’s expense.
- The applicant agrees to abide by the City of Coquitlam noise bylaws.
- The applicant assumes full responsibility for any damage done to the BJCA property. A damage deposit of $200.00 (members) and
$500.00 (non-members) is required which will be returned if no damage has been done and all conditions of (14) below have been
met. The damage deposit will be returned within two weeks by mail. The renter will be billed for any damage, breakage or
removal of undue materials, leading to any additional expense in excess of that covered by the damage deposit.
- The renter agrees to remove from the building premises all equipment and materials brought into the building immediately following
the event, unless prior arrangements have been made. BJCA will not be responsible for any clothing, equipment, or personal
belongings left in the building.
- Time limits will be specified for all rentals. If applicant exceeds the time limit a charge of $_________/ hour will be added
to the final payment.
- Additional fees will be charged if the renter needs entry to the facility on an additional day prior to or after the event.
- No animals (with the exception of guide dogs), bicycles, skateboards, or inline skating are allowed in the building.
- This is a non-smoking building.
- Please note that in the event the renter misrepresents the purpose of the rental activity, BJCA reserves the right to cancel the contract
- In order to receive a refund of the damage deposit there must be no damage to the building, property, or contents, and the following
must be done:
- No damage to the building, property, or contents
- Remove all decorations, food and beverages, and personal effects from the premises
- Wipe down the counters, load the dishes and start the dishwasher,
- Wipe excessive spills off floors
- Bag all garbage and place by the basement door to the parking lot
- Unplug all counter appliances and turn off oven(s)
- Collect dirty linens and place in kitchen